Sunday, October 4, 2009

Apple picking here we come!

This is my favorite time of year and I will miss it when we move to Texas. I was afraid we weren't going to get to go apple picking this year with it being our last until who knows when. We were supposed to go yesterday but the weather didn't want to cooperate. It was supposed to rain today too but it ended up being the perfect day to go. It was only is the lower 50's but it was mostly sunny. I like when there is the chill in air and you have that great Autumn smell, your face and ears are cold but the sun gives you that little nice hint of warmth.

Brandon also left this evening for Texas until Friday night. And who knows if this coming weekend will be nice enough to go. Plus the crops here in the Midwest seem to end earlier than I remember from New England so I didn't want to miss it.

We went to a different place from last year. It was nice because it was a great small, quiet, and not busy little orchard about 15 minutes from us. I will also miss a Midwestern Autumn treat that most all farm stands and orchard have here, Apple Cider Donuts. So soft and SO yummy! Yeah its not good for you, or at all organic, but its once a year.



I really like this picture but the sun washed it out pretty bad.


Looking for the perfect apple.



I have no idea what Corbin is doing with his face here. He's a goof.
Lily picking her first apple.
The excitement that follows.
If only they shared like this all the time.
And no, I'm not a spokes person for GAP. There is an outlet 5 miles from us and what can I say, cheap fleeces please me. Brandon hates clothing that displays the name, as do I really, but cheap is always good.

No comments:

Post a Comment