Saturday, November 13, 2010

Happy 5th Birthday to my sweet baby, Rowen!

Today by baby boy turned 5!!! How can that be? Doesn't seem like that long ago I met him for the first time. I am so proud of the little man he has become. So sweet, caring, nice and happy. As you know he has been very into the Lego Harry Potter game, and most anything Harry Potter. So naturally he wanted the Hogwarts Castle for a cake!

Viola!
He wanted to help in making the cake batter as well. This was the first time I made the cake from scratch as opposed to a boxed. Its was yummy.
Adding the eggs, 5 to be exact, coincidence? Haha.
Ready to bake!
Seeing the finished cake when he woke-up.
Complete with Dementors and all!
My favorite part was the owls.

The base was rice krispie treats since its firmer to hold the massive cake. Also more cost effective. This was my first time incorporating it into a cake.


2 comments: