Monday, June 1, 2009

Oh the lovely Female body...

So, today I scheduled my Endometrial Ablation for next week. This is needed for my horrid of a menstrual cycle that I get. We are also 99% sure (with my symptoms and family history) that I have Endometriosis as well but I'm not willing to have surgery to find out for sure. After having 3 C-sections in 3 years I was ready to not have my stomach cut into, yet again. But hopefully having this done will also help with that problem. It won't help with the fibroid cysts I've been getting too, but that's for a later time to deal with unless it becomes a bigger issue. Sorry Lily, I hope I don't pass this down to you baby girl.

I will being having one of the six ways to do this which is called, Cryo-ablation. It is the better sounding one of them, though still not very fun. The Doctor will be using a probe at sub-zero temperatures to destroy the lining of my uterus- weeeeee. But it is the least invasive option for some relief. It won't mess with my hormones (though it can reduce PMS symptoms as the whole purpose is to reduce or possibly eliminate my period) and their is no need to remove my uterus...yet. I don't like leaving the house when its "that time". But I am hoping that this will help.

The procedure should take only about 20-30 minutes. But I need to be at the office an hour before hand to get some nice Valium, painkillers and to drink a ton of water since I need to have a very full bladder during the procedure. I think that is going to be the hard part.

Update (6/13/09)-
Well it has been 4 days since having it done and it was a quick and easy recovery. I had what I can describe as mild contractions and being very lightheaded for a few hours after. I still have a couple weeks of stuff I have to deal with but not bad ( I won't go into detail). The actual procedure wasn't all that bad actually. It was after that was the worst! I was given Valium, to relax me, and Norco for pain. The Valium didn't kick in before they started, thankfully. My body does not like medicine and the Valium hit me hard after I got up. My blood pressure drop very low (was around 52/30 something's) then I got extremely nauseous. I was given anti-nauseous pills and that helped. So now I wait and hope that it will help my cycles.

No comments:

Post a Comment